Work with us
PFG employment opportunities
To express interest in working at PFG, or to enquire about a current vacancy or application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welding and Fabrication
We are looking for an experienced fabricator, preferably with plastic/ polymer welder experience or the ability to undertake training for this qualification to join PFG’s Tasmania team in Goodwood. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team with a chance to develop and shape the business as it grows. This is not your average manufacturing job. Working on custom designs for unique projects, with no two days the same.
Your new company
PFG is located at beautiful Prince of Wales Bay; a fifteen-minute drive from the Hobart City centre. We are an award-winning Tasmanian boat building company with a dedicated and highly skilled team. We build next generation sea boats and workboats using engineered polymers and other composite materials from our Tasmanian facility. We distribute globally and service customers who operate in the Defence, Police and Security, Emergency Services, Aquaculture, and various other industry sectors.
Your new role
Working as an integral member of the production team, you will provide fabrication and welding expertise relating to all stages of production and a wide variety of products. You will read and interpret technical drawings, accurately measure, cut, and set out jobs, and conduct plastic sheeting fabrication. For the right candidate, on the job training will also be provided. The role includes workshop and some site work, this position is an opportunity for the right person to help grow the business and progress their career aspirations.
What you will need to succeed
As an experienced trade qualified fabricator/welder, you will have:
• Relevant industry experience.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Certificates of competency in polymer fabrication will be highly regarded i.e., electrofusion, butt welding or extrusion welding.
• Current working at heights, confined space (desirable but not essential).
• Forklift licence – must.
• Driver’s licence – must.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to read and interpret plans and drawings.
• A strong focus on LEAN manufacturing.
• A thorough understanding of production in a manufacturing business.
• An ability to work in a team.
What you will get in return
• Great working conditions in a collaborative team environment.
• Chance to work within a progressive company with the opportunity of career development.
• Remuneration will be based on skills and experience within this type of role.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role apply HERE